Ok….so a lot of people in the UK don’t know what crochet braids are, so I thought I’d do a post to explain it because I get so many questions when I have crochet braids in.
Crochet braids are a protective style i.e a style that protects your natural hair such as braids, twists, cornrows e-t-c.
Its a very simple (possibly time consuming) process. Basically your natural hair is cornrowed (usually to the back) and then the braids (curly hair extensions: see picture) are attached onto the cornrows.
1) It looks very natural and it is very good if you want to grow out your hair as its minimal maintenance.
2) If you like big curly hair…then this is your style
3) The older it gets, the more natural it looks
4) All you need is a crochet hook and a comb. No specialist equipment needed
5) Synthetic hair is relatively cheap
1) It can be very time consuming depending on how fast you are
2) it can be an absolute PAIN to take out
3) Curly hair tends to tangle a lot so you will need a good hair detangler. (I use a home made one)
These were my first set of crochet braids (:
If you are interested in learning how to do crochet braids, here is a video tutorial by one of my favourite youtubers.
Hair used: Freetress waterwave which can be purchased from the Pak Cosmetics website.
Any questions, e-mail me at email@example.com / tweet me @Ray_Ray49
- saveyourselfillscarecrow likes this
- tealforelephants reblogged this from nubianpride
- skies-dream-everlasting likes this
- thevintagedreamer likes this
- artistikjunkie likes this
- amommyandherlittlelady likes this
- nigeriankoko likes this
- theblackhairblog reblogged this from nubianpride
- labellex3files likes this
- silentpurplenights likes this
- nubianpride posted this