I’m getting sick of people sugar-coating the relaxer. conditioning or not, the fact still stands. you are chemically altering the protein structure of your hair.
While most of the people around me have embraced and admired or just accepted my decision to stop relaxing my hair, there’s always a few people who think they can ‘help you’ change YOUR mind about YOUR hair.
I’m coming up to my 3rd year of being natural….If you couldn’t change my mind before, what makes you think you can now?
i’ll be blunt but don’t get me wrong…a relaxer IS bad for your hair to an extent, just like hair dye…but does that mean you shouldn’t do it..? Well that’s YOUR decision and whatever it is…I WILL respect it just like you SHOULD respect mine. Some people’s hair can handle a relaxer with minimum breakage and that is absolutely fine…whatever works for you. At the end of the day, its YOUR hair.
ON THE OTHER HAND, what ISN’T acceptable is you trying to impose your views on someone else.
'You'd better get a relaxer like me or your hair won't be pretty'
I’ll be the judge of that thank you. by the way, Define pretty. bone straight hair?
if you fail to see the beauty and wonder in diversity amongst each and every individual on this planet from hair texture down to the shape of your cupid’s bow…then no offence..
but you have REAL issues.
that is all.
- scribbledandslashed likes this
- ironkey likes this
- tallbeautie likes this
- taysha1289 reblogged this from nubianpride and added:
- taysha1289 likes this
- elysesmodernlife likes this
- jaaydeeyoyi reblogged this from chocolatehighhh
- shyhaitiannerd likes this
- chocolatehighhh reblogged this from nubianpride
- kinkyhaireddevil likes this
- bhambaay205 likes this
- brookelynncity reblogged this from nubianpride
- falyn-fallen likes this
- makeupchronicles likes this
- noboundariesallme likes this
- nubianpride posted this